Shown here is the neon sign identifying the studios of WHO radio, which from 1932 to 1954 were located at 914 Walnut Street in Des Moines, Iowa. This picture was taken in 1938 and appeared in the June 1938 issue of Rural Radio magazine.
The sign was recognizable to all as a flashing neon sign, but only an expert would be able to figure out what it was flashing. The sign continually flashed in Morse code the station’s call letters:
. – – . . . . – – –